The last few days have been practices in weight shifting. I find that the easiest weight shift is from sitting to standing, moving weight over my feet and using the strength of my legs to push off from that point rather that my usual of somehow hurling my body forward usually thrusting with my aching neck. Resting to sitting is more difficult to remember. My physical therapist taught me to pull up one leg and then let the whole body rock forward. I have tried to get out of a bath, a bean bag and really bad slouching posture on the sofa this way. My neck thanks us for the effort. Over a few days of practice my neck pain has reduced significantly.
I also learned some warming, waking pranayama (inhaling through the right nostril only). Now I need to learn some warming relaxing pranayama which I can use for bedtime. Other areas in the body that request my focus, mid back and right elbow (a little in the right wrist). My friend, co-worker and climbing partner Cecilia mentioned that if the push/pull balance is off it will be felt in the elbow, time to switch up the push-ups and balance them with pull-ups, arg (my physical therapist also prescribed bicep curls).
No comments:
Post a Comment