Thursday, Day 9 - Our Diamond Approach inquiry was the contours of the body. My sensation internally alone, visually in a mirror and internally in groups found a broad and barely related spectrum - I disappear in groups, no wonder I don't like them!
Friday, Day 10 - Felt the right side of my body compressed. Looking forward to Saturday's Structural Integration session to work some of that out. Found that I was able to enjoy a going away gathering for my boss (who will be greatly missed) - in a group setting I was able to stay present, yay inquiry!
Saturday, Day 11 - Structural Integration session 3. Elongating the side bodies, breath, openness especially around the collar bone on the right side. My homework includes walking with a pillow on my head, finding that plumb line, then turning and moving with the pillow, keeping the plumb line in motion. As I was practicing my boyfriend walked into the room and shook his head (he has come to expect such things from me). My response, "yes, I recognize I have a pillow on my head." The other section of homework is to interlace my fingers with hands facing the earth and rotate the hands forward and back and loosely as possible to let both collar bones work together. In the evening enjoyed a deep practice, found the relaxation I was seeking and noticed a reddish/maroon color I often see to the left outside my head in front of my body is becoming a deep purple with a white light breaking through the center. Reminds me of the Leonard Cohen lyric, "there's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in." I refer to this often to flow with challenges.
I must be allergic to organic celery root. As I climbed into bed my hands and feet itched. At first it felt like the uncomfortable tingling sensation when a limb that is asleep starts to wake up. I was excited, hoping that Dan released some held fascia that would let my circulation in the extremities flow more freely and my fingers and toes would finally be warm. No such luck (though I'm still not ruling it out). The itching was so strong I had to get out of bed and lotion/oil/dance to relieve it. Soon my hands were red and I noticed it had spread to my face, neck and legs. For dinner I had prepared organic celery root (from our CSA, an adventure in food I would not otherwise know) for the first time with tomatoes and sage. After a few hours I was finally able to rest. In the morning my skin was back to normal color - whew.
Sunday, Day 12 - Snowboarding at Snowbird. Explored some fun new terrain with my boyfriend. Enjoyed garlic burgers and attended a going away party for one of my favorite yoga teachers with talk about intentional living communities (introduced to Findhorn where I would love to take a sabbatical), solar/human powered bikes and retreat. Ending the day with a gentle Dancemeditation practice with thoughts of bringing together my more mystically minded friends for Mystical Dance in the park with some AcroYoga.
Aaah, the Blissful Body how I love thee.
No comments:
Post a Comment