Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moving Through

Saturday, Day 4 was my second in the Structural Integration series - foundation, feet, legs, hips. My hips naturally curved back which we corrected. I feel the right side returning to some of the holding pattern (something deeper hidden there) and some static in my neck. Will be curious to watch how it unfolds.

Sunday, Day 5 - early morning class at Snowbird after hearing the neighbors chat until the wee hours. Difficult to teach sleep deprived though it changes the dynamic to be slower and possibly deeper. Yay afternoon naps. Sleep is my friend and companion in health - physical and emotional. Lack of sleep ads difficult challenges to my practice. Sunday evening brought to light a particularly painful awareness in my relationship, one I've known for a long time, just without evidence. Communication channels open - choices for growth. How do I balance compassion with him and his struggle with attention to my needs and compassion for my journey. After cultivating so much body awareness I wanted it all to stop so I could function without feeling as I did for so many years. Instead I feel because it is all I can do, and learn to transmute and explore.

Monday, Day 6 - prompted by a dinner discussion with friends Saturday experimented with Binaural Beats. From the descriptions I was curious with how they relate to Sufi states. My experience is that they are quite similar, a deep meditation, a quick way in. Resting on the floor I was aware of my skeleton. I sensed cords unwrapping from my right side through the rib cage and around the shoulder, moving into the hips. Most of the cords melted out, some still weigh in the right hip. I sense tension in the quad to stabilize. Often in deep meditative states the meat of my body melts away and a fluid internal world opens. This may be one of the first times the skeleton has been in such sharp awareness. Because of my explorations with anatomy? Because of the healing needed?

Tuesday, Day 7 - Dance! Remedy Wave with Shannon Simonelli - a much needed opportunity to move, explore and tear. My familiar movement is spiraling - hips start and arms flow outward following. Interwoven was my take-away word, sensing my spiral of development opening and embracing. Feeling the growth from years of work to face issues with fresh perspective and strength.

Wednesday, Day 8 - the day started by meeting with an inspiring group of visionary entrepreneurs and a renewed commitment to my personal practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment